[podcast_motor_player url=”https://episodes.seriouslysimplepodcasting.com/PodcastMotorShow/014_-Vulnerability-as-a-Strength-with-Maddy-Moon.mp3″ title=”BOP014: Vulnerability as a Strength with Maddy Moon” playtime_seconds=”1303.512″ playtime=”21:44″]
The temptation to edit and re-edit a podcast until it’s absolutely flawless can be overwhelming. Any artist will understand the desire to present themselves, and their work, as being perfect – but can your audience truly connect with perfection? Today’s guest on Business of Podcasting is an advocate for vulnerability in podcasting, a technique that has helped her become an expert in the health and fitness podcast genre.
Maddy Moon is the host of Mind Body Musings, a body imagine and health podcast with over 200 published episodes. After struggling with disordered eating for most of her life, Maddy began podcasting as a way to learn from the guests on her show and improve her own body image. On her site, Maddy offers books, blog posts, and videos as well as personal coaching sessions.
- How Maddy Moon went from the apprentice to the expert
- Staying relatable and interesting to your audience
- How to make podcasting part of your marketing
- Using social media to promote your podcast
- Vulnerability in podcasting
- Becoming an authority in your podcast genre
- Maddy’s tips for new podcasters: being true to who you are
Check out Maddy Moon for healthy body image and body positivity posts!